Breast augmentation using fat

What are the advantage of this method?

100% natural because own body fat is used for augmentation. Since small incisions are used for liposuction and also for fat injection, there is no scar post operatively.

Complications associated with implant is avoided. Patient can get a new figure with a flatter tummy, slimmer thighs, and a more sculpted waistline in addition to larger breasts.

Plastic Surgeon in Coimbatore
What is breast augmentation using fat?

Fat in the abdomen and thigh is removed by liposuction and injected in to the breast for augmentation.

What are the advantage of this method?

100% natural because own body fat is used for augmentation. Since small incisions are used for liposuction and also for fat injection, there is no scar post operatively.

Complications associated with implant is avoided. Patient can get a new figure with a flatter tummy, slimmer thighs, and a more sculpted waistline in addition to larger breasts.

What are the disadvantages of this method?

Fat transfer breast augmentation can only produce a limited amount of increase in breast size.

Fat transfer cannot correct sagging breasts brought about by age, genetics, pregnancy, or weight loss.

About 60 to 70% of injected fat retained in the breast. Remaining 30% will be absorbed. It may need two or more sittings to achieve desirable size of breast.

Since liposuction and fat grafting is done in the same time, the procedure is more expansive.

What are the complications of this procedure?
  • Infection
  • Fat necrosis
  • Calcification
  • Formation of encapsulated fatty masses (cystic lesions)
  • Lymphadenopathy
  • Disfigurement of breast contouring
  • Hypersensitive breasts
  • Itchy nipples.
Is there any scar postoperatively?

The liposuction and the fat injection is done using cannulas of small diameter ( 2mm or 3mm). So there is no visible scar postoperatively.

Post mastectomy breast reconstruction

What are all the options to reconstruct the breast?

There are two main categories of reconstruction:

  • Implant reconstruction, which uses a saline or silicone implant to create a breast shape
  • Autologous or flap reconstruction, which takes tissue from another area of your body to create a breast form
  • In some cases, an implant and flap may be used together.

Will breast reconstruction involve several surgeries over a long period of time?

Yes. If the patient have very large breasts, the reconstruction might create a smaller breast. In this case, the patient might have the affected breast reconstructed, followed by reduction surgery on the other breast. Sometime later, the patient has the opportunity to get nipple reconstruction on the rebuilt breast.

© Ko Cosmetic 2019. All Rights Reserved

Website Designed by Cloud Dreams