What are the nose problems treated by rhinoplasty?
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width at the bridge or in the size and position of the nostrils
- Nose profile with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry
What type of anaesthesia is preferred for rhinoplasty surgery?
General anaesthesia is preferred for this patient.
What is done in this procedure?
Procedure varies depending upon the aesthetic concern and functional problems of the patient. But the type of procedure and incisions are all well explained during the consultation.
How many days of hospital stay is needed for this procedure?
It is a day care procedure, Patient may be discharged on the day of surgery itself.
What are the instructions should be given to the patient before surgery?
There should be oedema and ecchymosis in the immediate postoperative period which takes7 to 10 days to disappear. Patient should wear nasal splint postoperatively for 1 to 3 weeks depending upon the procedure. Sutures will be removed after 7 days.
How long it will take to complete the procedure?
It takes about one to three hours to complete, depending upon the procedure.